In this episode, Gabriel Walker and Mark Hayes will discuss what kind of growth hacking TikTok has been using to become one of the world’s most downloaded apps back in the first half of 2018 (with over 104 million downloads!), and how it gives users an amazing user experience.
In today’s episode:
- What is TikTok?
- How TikTok works, types of videos, who uses it
- Gabriel Walker’s visit to China, and the Douyin “fever”
- The merging of Douyin and Musical.ly to create what is now TikTok
- The launching of Facebook’s “Lasso”, a TikTok Competitor
- What is growth hacking?
- TikTok’s cross-platform promotion
- No login needed: a smart strategy
- Great user experience, even without a friend base
- “Doable”, fast, and easy content creation and consumption
- Strong gamification
- TikTok’s casual push notifications (vs. Facebook annoying ones)
- Great recognizable branding
- Seamless integration with other social networks