Remarket & Retarget to Users At Different Stages of Onboarding
How to Communicate With Users Throughout Onboarding Process
Remarketing and remarketing tools are very effective for user acquisition. And don’t get us wrong, you definitely should be using them for this purpose. It will make a noticeable difference to your conversion metrics, no doubt about it.
But as a growth hacker, your job – no, your duty – is to think outside of the square. And that means finding novel applications for run-of-the-mill marketing tactics and tools. So, let’s now brainstorm together.
Remarketing and retargeting are great ways of continuing the conversation with your users beyond your website. This could include anything, from stalking them around the interwebs with the help of display networks, Facebook and other social networks or via other marketing channels, such as email.
Now, picture for the a moment that you could apply this very same tactic to your existing users at different stages of the onboarding process or even throughout their . Let’s explore this further.
Just Hack It:
- Let’s start with a few examples of how you could use remarketing / retargeting for the purposes of delighting your current users:
- Suppose your user has nearly completed the onboarding process but there’s just one more step to go until they get to 100%. You can set up a retargeting campaign to display ads to them reminding the user to complete this specific step
- Now, let’s take the example of someone who is fully activated and has gone through your full onboarding cycle. You believe that one of your upcoming webinars would be beneficial to them. You then run a combined remarketing and retargeting campaign to get them to register
- You’ve just release a new killer feature that you believe will delight your users to no end and you want to communicate this to those who haven’t logged into your app for the last month. Run a retargeting campaign and, presto! Those users were blown away by the feature and are now actively using your product once again
- Novel, right? There are too many applications of this to mention here so now it’s time for you to growth hack the s@#t out of this tactic!