Gather User Feedback on a Regular Basis
How to Gain Constant Feedback from Users
Gathering user feedback is great.
All of those positive comments about your app that warm the cockles of a growth hacker’s heart.
Now. Let’s gently bring you back to the reality that is the findings of your last survey: you were missing crucial features, your customer support sucks and email newsletter is pretty dull.
Whoa, no cockle-warming here. Justs the cold, hard truth that comes with asking paying customers what they really think about your product and service.
While it may not be heart-warming, it’s certainly priceless. Admittedly, you were so broken over the results of the previous survey that it will be sometime until you can face reality again.
Come on, Little Miss Daisy, suck it up!
No one said that the truth doesn’t hurt.
You really need to just get over yourself and start collecting such feedback not when your bruised ego has recovered but ALL THE TIME.
Now, let’s show you how to go about this.
Just Hack It:
- The problem with conducting ad-hoc market research is that it paints an incomplete portrait of your user
- This means that the data collected ultimately provides little actionable value and will be inconclusive at best
- The way to hack this is to check in with your users on a consistent basis. Whether this is monthly, quarterly or annually, it’s the regularity that matters not the frequency
- Setting up regular feedback ‘checkpoints’ for the same cohort of users will also allow you to see how their opinion of your app has changed over time. This will really let you keep your finger on the pulse of your product’s growth and maturity over time
- See, that wasn’t so bad, was it? In return for having to tolerate the sharp pain of harsh criticism you now have a higher retention rate and happier users
- Give yourself a pat on the back. Because your users certainly won’t…