Email Users Who Haven’t Referred Someone
How to Increase Referrals from Existing Users
No matter how great the functionality your app.
No matter how amazing its UX.
No matter the customer support that comes attached to your subscription plan.
Regardless of any other positives that your product may possess.
Some users just won’t refer their friends.
Or they may take such a long time to refer someone that you know there must be some way to get them to do so sooner.
Obviously, your goal is to get them to take action as soon as possible.
Here’s how to hack email referrals.
Just Hack It:
- For this hack to work, you need to have some way of tracking referrals
- This can be achieved by using apps such as KISSmetrics, Mixpanel, or even Google Analytics if configured properly
- You then need to configure your transactional email app such as Mandrill, SendGrid. or Mailgun to send out an automated email if the user hasn’t referred anyone after a certain period of time
- You can also use apps such as Autosend.io to achieve similar lifecycle marketing functionality
- The email can contain something along the lines of:
- Thanks for using our app
- This email contains a promo code that gives you and a friend a free month of our app
- Let us know if you want more promo codes and we’d be happy to send these.
- The message needn’t be complex. What’s important is that it is much more personal than just providing a ‘Share with a Friend’ link, which NO ONE actions
- The goal is to automate the process so that users who are on the fence about referring someone will start doing so.
Source or Inspiration: